Effective February 23, 2012 the Town Council established a ZERO fee for Business Licenses. Click on the link below to apply or renew your business license at no charge.
The Town Clerk Department will provide you with an application for the type of business you wish to pursue. The applicant will be required to answer all questions on the application and provide forms of identification including proof of legal residence, and, in some instances, fingerprints (6 week processing time), passport pictures and a background check. All new applications will be reviewed by the Planning and Building Department prior to issuance. Once your application is approved, you will receive your license, which must be conspicuously displayed while conducting business.
It is unlawful for any person, whether as principal or agent, or for any corporation, to commence, practice, transact or carry on a trade, occupation or business within the town limits without first having procured a business license. All HOME BASED BUSINESSES must receive a zoning clearance from the Planning and Building Department prior to applying for a business license and, prior to issuance, all new applications will be reviewed by the Planing and Building Department.
Exemptions from the licensing requirements:
- Non-profit educational institutions, fraternal and service clubs, bona fide religious organizations, and agencies of any federal, state, or local governments
- Non-profit private clubs where a basic membership fee covers the cost of the facilities
DOOR TO DOOR SALES
Persons traveling from house to house carrying, conveying, or transporting goods, wares, merchandise, edible foodstuffs or provisions, offering and exposing the same for sale or making sales, and delivering articles to purchasers, or attempting to take orders for sale for future delivery or for services to be furnished or performed in the future must have a door-to-door license. Each person must be individually licensed and each business must have an active business license. Once your application is approved a registration identification card will be issued which must be kept in your possession and exhibited when conducting business.
Soliciting is prohibited:
- After the later of 7 p.m. or sunset and before sunrise
- Upon any premises bearing a sign “no peddlers”, “no canvassers”, “no solicitors” or any combination of such terms
- When requested by owner to leave
Exemptions from the Door to Door License requirements:
- Bona fide religious or charitable businesses
- Yard/garage and auction sales
- Delivery of regular goods in course of business, i.e. news vendors
*Contact Town Clerk Department for Door to Door Sales Application
STREET VENDING (Food and Non-Food)
Persons peddling, vending, selling, displaying, or offering for sale any item of tangible personal property or other thing of value that occurs between the street curb lines must have a street vending license. Each person must be individually licensed and each business must have an active business license. Once your application is approved, a registration identification card will be issued which must be kept in your possession and exhibited when conducting business. There are no exemptions from these license requirements.
- Parking a vehicle or setting up a stand for more than one hour in any eight-hour period at one location (a radius of 300 feet from the original location is considered “one” location)
- No service to the public from the street side of the vehicle/stand
- Cannot obstruct the movement of pedestrians or vehicles using the street/alley/right of way
- Prohibited within a public park unless granted a permit signed by the Parks and Recreation Director
- Prohibited on a street abutting a public park within 500 feet of established park concession
- Prohibited within 600 feet of any school ground between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Additional special restrictions for food vending:
- Vehicle must have two outside wide-angle mirrors
- Vehicle must have affixed the following signs: “Watch for Children” on front and rear of vehicle; Town of Sahuarita license number, followed by Town issued street license number and business name
- Street vending is prohibited after the later of 7 p.m. or sunset and before sunrise
- Motor vehicle hazard lights must be in operation when stopped
- Vending is limited to food items and toys only
*Contact Town Clerk Department for Street Vending Application
|Business License||$0.00 (New)||$0.00 (Renewal)|
|Door to Door Sales||$100.00||$50.00 (Renewal)|
|Street Vending||$100.00||$50.00 (Renewal)|
|Police Background Check||$24.00 Money Order
(payable to Dept. of Public Safety)
|Fingerprinting (resident)||$3.00 (payable to Police Dept.)|
|Fingerprinting (non-resident)||$5.00 (payable to Police Dept.)|